AS9100:2016 Transition Training
14th August 2017| £500
On 20th September 2016 9100:2016 was published, the main implications of the revision for organisations working within the Aerospace, Space and Defence sector are:
- 9100:2009 certificates will not be valid after September 14, 2018
- After June 15th, 2017, no audits (initial, surveillance, recertification or transfer) will be conducted to 9100:2009
- From June 15th, 2017 to September 14, 2018 organizations shall transition within their current 9100:2009 audit cycle, i.e. at the next planned surveillance or re-certification audit
- Organizations that are already certified to 9100:2009 will need to complete a successful transition audit, which includes a positive certification decision, by September 14, 2018
What are the changes to 9100:2016?
9100:2016 was developed to align with the common 10 clause high level structure developed by ISO focusing on it:
- Being less prescriptive, but with greater focus on achieving conforming products and services
- Being more user friendly for service and knowledge-based organizations
- Having greater leadership engagement, being more structured when setting objectives and ensuring management review is aligned to organizational results
- Providing the opportunity for more flexible documented information
- Addressing organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Addressing supply chain management more effectively
- Providing the opportunity for an integrated management system that addresses other elements such as environment, health & safety, business continuity, etc.
The changes from 9100:2009 to 9100:2016 are significant and will have a major impact on all Aviation, Space and Defence organizations. This training course is designed to prepare you and your organization for the transition to 9100:2016.
This two-day training focuses on an in-depth review of the changes from 9100:2009 to 9100:2016, and the impact the changes will have on your organization. This training program provides participants with the necessary knowledge to support their organization in achieving compliance to 9100:2016. It is designed for experienced members of an AS9100 implementation team, internal auditors, supplier auditors, lead auditors, and other key individuals involved in transitioning the organization’s QMS from 9100:2009 to 9100:2016.
Duration: 2 Days
This course is run by LMR Global and not IMS, the courses are run on a regular basis but can also be held in house with a minimum of 4 delegates. If you would like to download the course outline click here Transition Training, for further information please contact us.