AS9100:2016 Leadership Overview
24th July 2017| £350
On 20th September 2016 9100:2016 was published, the main implications of the revision for organisations working within the Aerospace, Space and Defence sector are:
- 9100:2009 certificates will not be valid after September 14, 2018
- After June 15th, 2017, no audits (initial, surveillance, recertification or transfer) will be conducted to 9100:2009
- From June 15th, 2017 to September 14, 2018 organizations shall transition within their current 9100:2009 audit cycle, i.e. at the next planned surveillance or re-certification audit
- Organizations that are already certified to 9100:2009 will need to complete a successful transition audit, which includes a positive certification decision, by September 14, 2018
What are the changes to 9100:2016?
9100:2016 was developed to align with the common 10 clause high level structure developed by ISO focusing on it:
- Being less prescriptive, but with greater focus on achieving conforming products and services
- Being more user friendly for service and knowledge-based organizations
- Having greater leadership engagement, being more structured when setting objectives and ensuring management review is aligned to organizational results
- Providing the opportunity for more flexible documented information
- Addressing organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Addressing supply chain management more effectively
- Providing the opportunity for an integrated management system that addresses other elements such as environment, health & safety, business continuity, etc.
This training programs focuses on providing the Senior Management team with an understanding of their role in meeting the requirements of 9100:2016, thus allowing them to effectively oversee the implementation of their quality management system to 9100:2016 and maintain their organization’s compliance to the standard.
Additional Information Duration: 1 day
These courses are run by LMR Global, these courses throughout the year and can also perform them in house as long as you have a minimum of 4 delegates, to download the course description click here, for more information please contact us.