AS9100:2016 Internal Auditing
7th August 2017 - 9th August 2017| £700
On 20th September 2016 9100:2016 was published, the main implications of the revision for organisations working within the Aerospace, Space and Defence sector are:
- 9100:2009 certificates will not be valid after September 14, 2018
- After June 15th, 2017, no audits (initial, surveillance, recertification or transfer) will be conducted to 9100:2009
- From June 15th, 2017 to September 14, 2018 organizations shall transition within their current 9100:2009 audit cycle, i.e. at the next planned surveillance or re-certification audit
- Organizations that are already certified to 9100:2009 will need to complete a successful transition audit, which includes a positive certification decision, by September 14, 2018
What are the changes to 9100:2016?
9100:2016 was developed to align with the common 10 clause high level structure developed by ISO focusing on it:
- Being less prescriptive, but with greater focus on achieving conforming products and services
- Being more user friendly for service and knowledge-based organizations
- Having greater leadership engagement, being more structured when setting objectives and ensuring management review is aligned to organizational results
- Providing the opportunity for more flexible documented information
- Addressing organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Addressing supply chain management more effectively
- Providing the opportunity for an integrated management system that addresses other elements such as environment, health & safety, business continuity, etc.
Internal audits remain a crucial requirement of the 9100:2016 standard to verify the compliance and effectiveness of an organization’s quality management system. Internal auditors must understand the process approach and be knowledgeable of the 9100:2016 requirements to effectively perform internal audits.
This internal auditor course is designed for both new auditors and existing internal auditors who need a thorough refresher of how to perform an internal audit to 9100. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of 9100:2016 and the tools to effectively prepare and conduct 1st and 2nd party audits.
Using accelerated learning techniques this course engages participants in a detailed review of 9100:2016, including key changes related to counterfeit parts, documented information, operational risk management, process approach, and risk-based thinking.
To gain the most benefit from this course it is best delivered as a closed course where auditors will through individual participation and group exercises develop their skills as required by 19011:2011 and 9101(F). The training will conclude with “live audits” conducted against your organisations processes that can be used as either part of your internal audit programme or support your transition to 9100:2016.
Additional Information Duration: 3 Days
These courses are run by LMR Global, these courses are run at various times throughout the year and can also be performed in house as long as there are a minimum of 4 delegates, to download the course outline click here, for more information please contact us.