IECQ: IEC Quality Assessment System for Electronic Components
When specifiers and purchasing managers are sourcing electronic components they need to ensure the products are of the highest quality and reliability for their intended use. Gaining IECQ for your product provides that assurance to your customers.
Recognised worldwide, it is an approval and certification system covering the supply of electronic components and associated materials and assemblies (including modules) and processes. It uses quality assessment specifications that are based on International Standards prepared by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
As well as providing assurance that components and processes associated with final products comply with relevant standards and manufacturers/suppliers technical specifications, it offers a valuable supply chain management and control system and also eliminates the need for second party auditing of component suppliers.
IECQ has two main requirements:
- Facility certification – An evaluation of your facility and quality management systems.
- Product certification – Thorough testing of your product to ensure it conforms to the relevant quality assessment specifications declared by the manufacturers.
There are a number of product types that the IECQ scheme covers:
- Active components, including integrated circuits
- Electromagnetic components
- Electromechanical components
- Electro-optic components
- Hybrid integrated circuits
- Passive components
- Printing wiring boards
- Wire, cables and connectors
- Component modules
- Ancillary items e.g. insulator/shielding materials, heat transfer compounds and materials
- Electronic part enclosures and housing materials
IECQ HSPM: Hazardous Substance Process Management
IECQ also operates the IECQ HSPM certification scheme. It is intended to help organisations manage hazardous substances in their components and products. The IECQ HSPM specification QC 080000 takes the basic quality management system requirements of ISO 9001 and applies processes to identify, control, quantify and report the amounts of hazardous substances in products to satisfy customer requirements and legislative compliance.
Gaining IECQ HSPM demonstrates that your organisation is committed to HS control and environmental protection.