The benefits of UKAS accredited certification
If you are responsible for ensuring your business is certified make sure the certification body you select is accredited by UKAS. The benefits of UKAS accredited certification are strong. UKAS Accreditation provides assurance in the market as UKAS accredited certification bodies operate to recognised standards. The accreditation process provides consumers with the confidence that the quality of the service they procure is of a consistently high standard.
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is the Sole Appointed National Accreditation Body within the United Kingdom. On the 9th July 2008 the EU Parliament and the Council of the European Union adopted the EU Regulation 765/08 on Accreditation and Market Surveillance.
With effect from the 1st January 2010, the EU Regulation established a legal framework for the provision of accreditation services across Europe. The Department for Business Innovation & Skills appointed the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) as the UK’s NAB.
UKAS are signatories to the International Accreditation Forum (IAF), the European Co-operation on Accreditation (EA) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (ILAC).
Choosing a UKAS Accredited Certification and/or Inspection Body adds a number of benefits to your business which include:
- de-risk your procurement by taking the guesswork out of choosing a certification body and by giving you the confidence that you will get the service that best fulfils your requirements;
- win new business particularly since the use of accredited services is increasingly a stipulation of specifiers, most notably in the public sector;
- facilitate access to international markets since UKAS accredited certificates are recognised throughout the world;
- help you to identify best practice since your certification body is required to have appropriate knowledge of your business sector;
- control costs with the help of knowledge transfer since accredited certification bodies can be a good source of impartial advice;
- offer market differentiation and leadership by showing to others credible evidence of good practice;
- demonstrate due diligence in the event of legal action;
- reduce paperwork and increase efficiency by reducing the necessity to re-audit your business
IMS International LLP are accredited by UKAS (Certification Body number 078) for ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, AS9100 Rev B, AS9120 and ISO 9001:2008 TickIT.
Reliance Technical Service Ltd are accredited by UKAS (Inspection Body number 0430) for ISO 17020 inspections. Reliance are also a Notified Body (NB 2141) for the Safety of Toys for Europe.
Dongguan Testing Laboratory are accredted by CNAS (Testing Laboratory Number 3783) for the testing of toys to EN71 for the Safety of Toys.
For further information on the IMS group and the services we provide, visit our main website www.imsworld.org