Further to previous correspondence regarding AS9100 changes, an update to the transition requirements has been made. The deadline for transition remains as the 1st July 2012 and organisations are required to make a formal application to IMS International using the application forms (1 and 1B; both available on the IMS main website); completion of the declaration (also on IMS website) is also required before any auditing activities take place. If you prefer, you are able to submit your own declaration by email, covering letter etc informing IMS that you are conforming to AS9100 revision C.
The days required for AS9100 Rev C transition audits are as follows:
- Transition during surveillance audit using 50% of initial audit day requirements as per IAF MD 5 (this table is available to view within Doc 007 on the IMS website) and 100% of the initial audit day requirements of the current AS9104 standard which is also included within Doc 007.
- Example; organisation with 10 employees who perform design duties: IAF MD 5 requires 2 days for the initial and AS9104 requires 1.5 days. Taking 50% of the IAF MD 5 requirement gives you 1 day. Therefore the total amount of time required would be 2.5 days.
Transition during recertification audit using 80% of initial audit day requirements of IAF MD 5 and 100% of the initial audit day requirements of the current AS9104 standard.
- Example; organisation with 10 employees who perform design duties: IAF MD 5 requires 2 days for the initial and AS9104 requires 1.5 days. Taking 80% of the IAF MD 5 requirement gives you 1.6 days which has to be rounded up to the nearest ½ day so that takes you back to 2. Therefore the total number of days required would be 3.5 days.
- Additional time is to be applied as necessary and for completion of the new AS9101 Rev D checklist but this will be dependent on each clients process, a formal quotation will be provided when the enclosed application forms and declaration have been returned.
For Multiple Site organisations the transition during their existing audit cycle, IMS are required to:
- Close out the site surveillance audits (including closing and verifying all he NCR’s) against the previous AS9100 B standard.
- Complete the audits to the AS9100C standard for all sites required to be audited for a given surveillance cycle (at least 50% of sites).
- Complete the Central Function (Head Office) audit and the planned sites audits for that surveillance cycle to the AS9100C standard prior to certification.
For Multiple Site organisations that transition during their recertification year, IMS is required to:
Complete the Central Function (Head Office) audit and all sites audits for that recertification cycle to the new AS9100C standard prior to recertification.